Nearly two-thirds of companies see hybrid cloud or private cloud as the infrastructure for the future of their firm, research has revealed. Furthermore, around three-quarters of developers put scalability, speed, cost and ease of use at the top of their list when choosing an IaaS hosting solution.
“As companies evolve, their hosting needs and capabilities also evolve,” said Lex Boost, CEO of Leaseweb USA. “Understanding why companies choose to migrate to an IaaS solutions vendor provides insight to not only the marketplace, but what value vendors can bring to the businesses.”
The CEO added that the report reflects on business developments: “This survey is a microcosmic example of the current industry trend. The power, speed, flexibility and functionality of dedicated, hybrid and private cloud infrastructure environments are undeniable. Companies are shifting back to custom solutions designed to fit their exact needs, in this precise moment of their company lifecycle. The mettle of metal cannot be ignored.”
Other findings include:
- 51.7% plan on migrating in the next two years while 26.7% have not yet decided on this point.
- Less than 20% of respondents believe they are using the industry standard and have no plans to change their infrastructure.
- 37.5% of companies noted migration costs to the top barrier while 24.2% of respondents identified cost alone as the top barrier
- 15% aren’t sure what to outsource, whilst 8.3% say they are not finding the right partner
- 3.3% is held ransom by public cloud providers
These results show that developers looking for the right cloud fit need to consider both time scales and cost to avoid unnecessary barriers.